I am about 27 weeks pregnant with my second baby and there have been items that have been essential to me during both pregnancies. I hope these items prove useful to you, as well.
1. California Baby Body Wash- I started using this product after I had Peter. It is important to use natural organic products during pregnancy but I don’t understand why you should not use these products even when you’re not pregnant? I trust this product for my babies and it also works great for me. They have a super sensitive in case certain scents make you queezy.
2. Ilike Exfoliating Wash- During both pregnancies I did not have “the glow.” You know what I mean? Man, my skin is so sensitive that once I got pregnant I felt like my skin wanted to break out for everything! I actually cried a few times in my first trimester because my skin was looking so bad (those darn hormones like to mess with pregnant women). Once I was introduced to ilike skin care products, I don’t think I will ever go back. My skin cleared up and I feel like I have that pregnancy “glow!”
3. Carisonic- I am obsessed. I really don’t know how my skin survived before I had one. It leaves your skin looking and feeling like your growing baby’s bottom!!
4. Dr. Bronners- If you have not heard of or used this product before, let me tell you, it will become your new best friend! I use this to clean my kitchen and to wash my body! I mention this product for household cleaning and for hygiene. Try to skip all the brand name cleaning products and look up ways to make your own household cleaners! I will post some good ones if you’re interested (like home-made window cleaner, etc).
5. Hurom- Okay, this might be a little extreme but I use it so much, I had to include it in my favorites. It is difficult to stick to eating well most of the time while you are pregnant so having a great juicer makes it easier to skip the ice cream (sugar craving) and juice instead! It is a great way to get your greens in too if you have been eating pizza and hamburgers to curb those cravings. Another reason I fell in love with my juicer is because I made it a habit before having Peter and now that Peter is here, he loves juicing too! It is important to start good eating habits to instil those habits in your children.
6. Maternity Jeans- With my first pregnancy I didn’t want to spend the money on maternity jeans cause “I’m only going to wear them for a few months so why waste my money?!” Okay, let me tell you something, it is worth the money! I went ahead and bought J Brand Maternity jeans at Pea in the Pod and love them! They don’t have that band that goes over your entire stomach, but instead has elastic on the sides. Why didn’t I think of that?! They are more comfortable than the other jeans and I feel really good wearing something that actually fits and looks good.
7. Mama Mio- Some people say its genetics, some people say it’s not. Why take the chance? Until I found Mama Mio, with my first pregnancy I would pop open vitamin E capsules and rub it all over my belly. Umm sticky and good-bye night-time cuddle sessions. Mama Mio Oil is NOT sticky and I have zero stretch marks. Win Win.
8. Epsom Salt- There is nothing I want to do more at the end of the day than lay in a warm (below 100 degree bath). Epsom salt is a safe way to increase the body’s levels of magnesium and sulfate. Sulfate is essential for many biological processes. It helps to flush toxins and form proteins in joints, brain tissue and mucin proteins. With all the crap in our food, in the air and all around us, it is important to try to detox and this is an easy and safe way to during pregnancy.
9. Raw Protein- For me, during pregnancy especially, I eat all day. I love this company and this protein powder has saved me from eating something I shouldn’t quite a few times. They sell it in a giant tub or you can buy individual packets for on the go or when traveling. This is my favorite because it is raw, vegan, organic, non-gmo and soy-free! WHAM BAM! Try and beat that!
10. Pregnancy Tea- It’s good for you and it’s calming. Yes, please. It can also make for an easier and quicker labor!
11. Apple Cider Vinegar- Heartburn. Never had I had heartburn until I got pregnant. Of course, it was worse in the middle of the night when I was trying to get beauty rest! Staying natural, I would take a shot of Braggs apple cider vinegar. Okay, it kinda sucks going down, however, it works immediately!! I just recommend having a small (cause you don’t want to chase it with a glass of juice then have to wake up again to pee 20 minutes later) chaser ready of juice or water.
12. Lulu Lemon pants- I recommend these because they have a high waist that folds down, aka, very comfortable on the growing belly! Plus, you can wear them after baby too. I have been wearing Lulu Lemon since 2005 and am still wearing one of the first pants I bought. It is hard to find clothes with that quality, and yes, you are paying for quality but then again you can wear the same pants for 10 years, like me!
13. King size pillow- I hate storing stuff. The pregnancy pillow sounds really cool and comfortable but where in the heck am I going to put that thing after I have the baby?! So, I settled on a king size pillow. Not really settling though because it works great for me! If you don’t mind storing the pregnancy pillow or if you’re one of those people who will just give it away, great, but why not just get a king size pillow you can enjoy before, during and after baby!
If you have a product that you couldn’t live without during your pregnancy, let me know! I love finding new favorites that can make the rest of this pregnancy and future pregnancies easier!