Why Green Clean?
• Safe for you and your family
• Easy on the pocket
• Highly effective
• Environmentally friendly
• Many household cleaners contain toxic chemicals. These chemicals may cause short-term and long-term health problems when you use them.1
• Children are often more vulnerable to chemical exposure during developmental stages, and certain chemicals may interfere with the development of their neurological, endocrine, and immune systems.2 Main routes of exposure: eating, drinking, breathing, and touching.
• Younger children have higher respiratory rates than adults, therefore they absorb more air contaminants per unit of weight, meaning they experience a higher inhaled dose.2
• According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the air inside a typical home is 200–500 percent more polluted than the air outside mainly due to toxic household cleaning products.
Absorbs and eliminates odor. Use to clean countertops, sinks, and tubs. Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet and vacuum after 15 minutes for a fresher look and feel.
Contains natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. Cuts grease and dissolves mineral deposits.
Lifts dirt, cuts grease, and eliminates tough stains. Pour a small amount over baking sheets and pans then scrub for a few minutes, and you’ll have clean, shiny results.
Salt is an effective scouring agent. Pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorize and keep grease from building up. Mix salt with Lemon essential oil and use to remove stubborn coffee and tea cup stains.
doTERRA FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL or OLIVE OIL
Great natural cleaner and polisher. Rub it into leather or polish wood surfaces. Flip to page 24 for more details.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR CLEANING
• Wild Orange
• Douglas Fir
• Melaleuca (Tea Tree)
• Purify Cleansing Blend
• doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend
• doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
Tip: Replace toxic air fresheners with a diffuser.
Soft Scrub for Bath, Tile, and Toilet
Make in small batches and store in an airtight container. This is enough for two to four applications. This soft scrub is excellent for getting rid of soap scum, removing stains, and brightening your tile and toilet. To use, just apply and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then scrub.
Once done scrubbing, take a wet cloth and wipe clean.
3/4 rounded cup baking soda
1/4 cup liquid castile soap
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon vinegar
5-10 drops Lemon essential oil
Editor’s note: Liquid castile soap is a vegetable-based soap commonly found in health food stores. Dr. Bronner’s is a popular one. Look for unscented. This scrub is also great to use to help clean your kitchen sink, refrigerator, or tile floors.
1. In bowl, combine baking soda and castile soap.
2. Add water and stir.
3. Add vinegar and essential oil. The consistency should be a soft paste.
4. Store in airtight container.
5. Add ingredients directly to partially drained bowl. As it reacts, scrub toilet.
Note: This combination is intended for one use at a time.
Chemicals in cleaning supplies can be hazardous to your health and the environment. Take the risk out of household cleaners by making your own cleaners at home. They’re affordable, easy, eco-friendly, and more effective than store-bought cleaners.
16-ounce spray bottle
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup distilled water
8 drops of any citrus oil of your choice (could use Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Wild Orange, or a combination)
Add vinegar, water, and essential oil(s) to spray bottle and shake. You are ready to clean!
Wood Polish Cleaner
Wood furniture is an investment and it is important to take care of it. Although polishing wood furniture should only be done every couple months, it is important to continually keep it clean by dusting it or wiping it with a damp wet microfiber cloth.
Bring back the shine to your favorite tables, countertops, floors, and more with this simple recipe for homemade wood polish with doTERRA essential oils.
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vinegar
10 drops doTERRA essential oils (Wild Orange, Arborvitae, or Lemon)
8-ounce glass spray bottle
1. Add olive oil and vinegar to glass spray bottle.
2. Add 10 drops of essential oil.
3. Shake well before each use.
4. Apply to microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean. Repeat every 2-3 months or as often as needed.
PINE FLOOR CLEANER
• 1 gallon warm water
• 2 tablespoon liquid castile
• 5 drops Douglas Fir essential oil
• 5 drops White Fir essential oil
• 5 drops Cypress essential oil
• 10 drops Lemon essential oil
1. Add soap and essential oils to bucket of warm water.
2. Use mop or rag to clean floors.
3. Pour into a spray bottle for cleaning countertops.
Note: This solution does not need to be rinsed off
“LIME” SCALE REMOVER
• ½ cup Baking Soda
• 3 tablespoons water
• 10 drops Lemon essential oil
• 10 drops Lime essential oil
1. And water and essential oils to baking soda.
2. Mix into a paste.
3. Rub a small amount onto surface.
4. Let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Wipe off with wet cloth.
Front Load Washer Cleaner
Spray inside of rubber with vinegar and melaleuca oil and sprinkle baking soda all around. Using a narrow scrub brush scrub the inside of the rubber. Next, run a Tub Clean cycle with the leftover baking soda, vinegar, and melaleuca oil.
Foaming Hand Soap
2 tablespoons liquid castile soap (unscented)
1 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut oil
10 drops essential oils of choice (I use On Guard)
Note: We used five drops of Peppermint and five drops of Melaleuca essential oil
1. Pour castile soap and Fractionated Coconut Oil into the bottle.
2. Add essential oils.
3. Slowly add water into bottle making sure to leave room for the foaming pump.
4. Add lid, shake, and you are good to go!
5. When ready to use, just pump 1-2 times into hands and wash with warm water
3-4 drops Lemongrass
Vacuum it up and the whole space will smell fresh! (Plus Lemongrass is an insect repellant and natural deodorizer)
Antibacterial (Lysol) Spray
16 oz glass spray bottle add 30 drops On Guard and fill with water. Spray dog bed, toys, shopping carts, etc.
Check out more DIYs at https://doterra.com/US/en/blog-products